Primer and Topcoat Paint
Tutgum Universal Primer and Topcoat Paint
- Industrial and professional use only.
- Has a very strong adhering ability to iron, aluminum and galvanized steel.
- High build, applicable in one thick layer.
- Provides long lasting rust prevention.
- Used as a decorative final layer.
- Fast drying, can be repainted within an hour.
- Primer and a top coat all in one paint.
- Has an excellent connection between different layers.
- Durable in heat and extreme weather conditions.
- Suitable for oceans and sea salt conditions.
- A 400 micron layer can be applicable for extreme demands.
- Hard, scratch durable and shock resistant.
- For coating metal grates and railings, metal objects and parts.
- For painting light and electric columns.
- For aluminum products, galvanize products and iron products.
- For industrial equipment.
- Theoretical cover area: 15-20 sqm per liter.
- Cover area at the recommend layer thickness: 8 sqm. per liter.
- Recommended layer thickness: 125 microns.
- Number of recommended layers: 1-2
- Flexibility: 1 mm (SHEEN)
- Density: 1.1-1.4 gm/cm3
- Viscosity: 2-2.5 Pa.sec (HAAKE)
- Hardness: > 3 Dg (Erichsen)
- Copolymer-acrylic resins.
- Special flexibility substances.
- Phosphate zinc and zinc magnesium oxide UV ray endurance additives.
- Pigments, solvents and additives.
White and a various number of colors.
Matte, silk, shiny.
- 20-40 minutes.(avoid over spraying)
- If dust is formed while spraying add a retarder.
Drying time period betweel!l layer application:
1-4 hours. Final: 2-6 hours.
Brush, spray, roll.
- Brush/roller: 5% - 10% D-18 thinner or mineral turpentine.
- For slower drying and creating a surface without any brushing marks use the D-32 thinner.
- Spraying: 15% - 20% D-18 thinner 3-4 atm.
- Airless: 5% 4-5 atm. nozzle 0.015”-0.018”.
- Black steel: Remove rust by sand blast cleaning (level SA-2.5) or by mechanical or chemical cleansing (rust remover 3000) until receiving white steel.
- Remove grease thoroughly with Degreazer M.
- Aluminum: Remove grease with Degreazer M, etch with Antrox 14, and coat with yellow passivation with Passivator 1722.
- Galvanized steel: Lightly polish to remove zinc salt and completely remove the galvanized shine, polish with sandpaper or a disk, after removing the shine clean the surface with Degreazer M to completely remove all grease.(Dont wipe the surface with the same rags, avoid spreading old grease on different parts of the surface)
- Old galvanization: Harshly polish to remove rust, lightly polish where zinc salt and shine should be removed, and remove grease with Degreazer M.
- * Strict supervision is required while preparing the surface according to the instructions, which is the costumer’s complete responsibility. If the instructions will not be completely fulfilled the paint will peel.
0.5 liter, 0.75 liter, 2.5 liter, 5 liters, 18 liters.
In a shaded and cool place at room temperature with proper ventilation.
Shelf life span:
12 months in its original package.
Use D-18 or mineral turpentine.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S