|Home||» Products||» Paints & Coatings||» Tutgum Universal Primer and Topcoat|
Tutgum Universal Primer and Topcoat
Tutgum Universal Primer and Topcoat
Single component primer and top coat paint that is based on unique solvent acrylic copolymers with phosphate zinc pigments that adhere outstandingly to black iron, aluminum and galvanized steel after surface preparations. The paint is strong durable, thick, anticorrosive and is used as a primer and a top coat all in one layer application creating a smooth high build fast drying and elegant finish.
- Industrial and professional use only.
- Has a very strong adhering ability to iron, aluminum and galvanized steel.
- High build, applicable in one thick layer.
- Provides long lasting rust prevention.
- Used as a decorative final layer.
- Fast drying, can be repainted within an hour.
- Primer and a top coat all in one paint.
- Has an excellent connection between different layers.
- Durable in heat and extreme weather conditions.
- Suitable for oceans and sea salt conditions.
- A 400 micron layer can be applicable for extreme demands.
- Hard, scratch durable and shock resistant.
- For coating metal grates and railings, metal objects and parts.
- For painting light and electric columns.
- For aluminum products, galvanize products and iron products.
- For industrial equipment.
- Theoretical cover area: 15-20 sqm per liter.
- Cover area at the recommend layer thickness: 8 sqm. per liter.
- Recommended layer thickness: 125 microns.
- Number of recommended layers: 1-2
- Flexibility: 1 mm (SHEEN)
- Density: 1.1-1.4 gm/cm3
- Viscosity: 2-2.5 Pa.sec (HAAKE)
- Hardness: > 3 Dg (Erichsen)
- Copolymer-acrylic resins.
- Special flexibility substances.
- Phosphate zinc and zinc magnesium oxide UV ray endurance additives.
- Pigments, solvents and additives.
White and a various number of colors.
Matte, silk, shiny.
- 20-40 minutes.(avoid over spraying)
- If dust is formed while spraying add a retarder.
Drying time period betweel!l layer application:
1-4 hours. Final: 2-6 hours.
Brush, spray, roll.
- Brush/roller: 5% - 10% D-18 thinner or mineral turpentine.
- For slower drying and creating a surface without any brushing marks use the D-32 thinner.
- Spraying: 15% - 20% D-18 thinner 3-4 atm.
- Airless: 5% 4-5 atm. nozzle 0.015”-0.018”.
- Black steel: Remove rust by sand blast cleaning (level SA-2.5) or by mechanical or chemical cleansing (rust remover 3000) until receiving white steel.
- Remove grease thoroughly with Degreazer M.
- Aluminum: Remove grease with Degreazer M, etch with Antrox 14, and coat with yellow passivation with Passivator 1722.
- Galvanized steel: Lightly polish to remove zinc salt and completely remove the galvanized shine, polish with sandpaper or a disk, after removing the shine clean the surface with Degreazer M to completely remove all grease.(Dont wipe the surface with the same rags, avoid spreading old grease on different parts of the surface)
- Old galvanization: Harshly polish to remove rust, lightly polish where zinc salt and shine should be removed, and remove grease with Degreazer M.
- * Strict supervision is required while preparing the surface according to the instructions, which is the costumer’s complete responsibility. If the instructions will not be completely fulfilled the paint will peel.
0.5 liter, 0.75 liter, 2.5 liter, 5 liters, 18 liters.
In a shaded and cool place at room temperature with proper ventilation.
Shelf life span:
12 months in its original package.
Use D-18 or mineral turpentine.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of "dust" is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the "effect"). The impact of this "effect" becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the "effect", the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
- An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this "effect", is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as "out of use".
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don't aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This "Data sheet" given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.